Do you have questions or comments? Send us an email via the below link.

Email: info@bcicny.com


What forms of payment are accepted by Broome Co-operative Insurance Company?

Broome Co-operative accepts Cash, Check, Money Order or Credit Card.

What credit cards are accepted at Broome Co-operative?

Broome Co-operative accepts Discover Card, MasterCard & Visa.

If a request is made to change a policy, how will it affect my billing?

If the change will result in a premium adjustment, the subsequent billings will be adjusted accordingly.

Can I change the due date of my policy?

The due date cannot be changed.  However, payment plan options are available.

My checked bounced, what do I do now?

If the due date has passed please contact your Agent or Broome Co-operative directly. There is a $30.00 service fee for returned checks.

My insurance is escrow billed, but I received my billing statement. What should I do?

Contact your Agent to notify of this change. You will need to provide the name, mailing address and loan number for the Mortgage Company.

I received a Non-Payment Cancellation Notice, what should I do?

The premium due on the notice will need to be paid before the cancellation date to avoid policy cancellation.

My policy is completely cancelled, but I need insurance, what can I do?

Contact your Agent for further instructions.  If you cannot reach your Agent, you can call the Company directly at 607-321-2655 or toll free at 1-866-921-BCIC.

I no longer need insurance, what should I do?

Contact your Agent to sign a policy cancellation form. A written cancellation request is required to cancel a policy. Policies automatically renew, therefore if a cancellation request is not received, you may be billed for earned premium.


I have a loss, what should I do?

  1. To report a claim call your independent agent or contact our Claims Department at Broome Co-operative directly at 607-321-2655 or toll free at 1-866-921-BCIC.
  2. Report a claim on our website by selecting the claims tab and then report a claim.
  3. If you have a claim emergency after business hours, call the above contact numbers and select 4 to reach our claims staff. We provide 24/7 service to our customers.

I have sustained a loss and I am unable to reach either my agent or Broome Co-operative, what should I do?

  1. Take all reasonable steps to protect your property from further damage.
  2. If temporary repairs are needed make sure you take pictures of all damaged property before altering it in any way.
  3. Do not dispose of any damaged items until you have spoken with a claims representative.

What forms will I need to fill out involving my claim?

  1. Your claim representative will provide you with the necessary forms for your type of claim.

What is a public adjuster and do I need to hire one if I have a claim?

  1. A public adjuster is a person that will represent you for a fee in presenting your claim to your insurance company.
  2. The fee is deducted from any loss settlement paid.
  3. Public adjusters do not represent Broome Co-operative Insurance Company or your Insurance Agent.
  4. Broome Co-operative will always work with you to settle your claim fairly and in a timely manner.

What is a third party claim?

A third party claim is when a person seeks to recover money from you, usually as a result of an accident. If this should arise, notify your insurance agent as soon as possible and document any details you remember regarding the incident. If a third party (plaintiff) files a lawsuit against you, it is important that you get a copy of the lawsuit to your agent or the Insurance Company immediately. If someone contacts you to discuss the claim, please make sure that they are a representative of Broome Cooperative Insurance Company prior to discussing the claim. In order to protect yourself, it is important that you do not communicate directly with the plaintiff or the plaintiffs’ representative including any attorneys or other insurance companies regarding the claim.  If you are approached by one of the plaintiff’s representatives do not do any of the following without contacting Broome Co-operative.

This list includes, but not limited to:

  • Requests to sign a statment
  • Requests to take photos of involved area
  • Requests for inspection of items involved in loss
  • Requests to complete questionnaires
  • Requests to provide coverage information

Why do lien holders, mortgagees, and additional insured’s get put on settlement checks?

  1. Under the terms of your policy, any lien holders, mortgagees, and/or additional insureds listed on your policy have a financial interest in the property.
  2. When a settlement check is issued, any lien holders, mortgagees, and/or additional insureds named on your policy are required to be listed on the check.

I am not satisfied with my claim and would like to file a complaint, what can I do?

If you feel we have overlooked an important detail which could change the outcome of your claim, please contact us to discuss your claim further. Should you wish to take this matter up with the New York State Department of Financial Services you may do so on their website at http://www.dfs.ny.gov/consumer/fileacomplaint.htm or you may write to or visit the Consumer Assistance Unit, Financial Frauds and Consumer Protection Division, New York State Department of Financial Services, at: One State Street, New York, NY 10004; One Commerce Plaza, Albany, NY 12257; 163B Mineola Boulevard, Mineola, NY 11501; or Walter J. Mahoney Office Building, 65 Court Street, Buffalo, NY 14202.

Contact Us

Broome Co-operative Insurance Company
PO Box 1280
1923 Vestal Parkway East
Vestal, NY 13850

Phone: 607-321-2655
Toll Free: (866) 921-BCIC
Fax: 607-321-2644
Email: info@bcicny.com

Mission Statement

Our mission is to provide our policyholders and agents with protection and assurance through careful and diligent underwriting of risk, fair and transparent claims handling, combined with exceptional service and a financially sound company.

Broome Co-operative is rated A- (Excellent) by AM Best.

Business Hours

Monday - Friday
8:30 AM - 4:00 PM

Saturday - Sunday